Check out these healthy and yummy sources to curbing your appetite!
- Almonds – Almonds are easy to carry around and pop in your mouth to curb your appetite and make you feel more full. They are filled with antioxidants, magnesium and vitamin E.
- Coffee – One or two cups of coffee a day can increase your metabolism and keep you feeling full for a longer period of time. Stick to black coffee to avoid the extra fat and calories with cream and sugar.
- Vi-Trim – This appetite suppressant can be added to your Vi-Shape Shake or any beverage to curb your appetite between meals. Vi-Trim is included in the Transformation Kit along with 60 meal replacements, a metabolism booster and a healthy energy product.
- Ginger – Ginger acts as a stimulant to energize the body and help with digestion, which makes your hunger go away. Ginger has been used for many centuries due to these properties, and now adding ginger to a dish or a smoothie can have powerful affects.
- Avocado – Avocado is not only yummy and creamy tasting; it is full of fiber and the good, heart healthy fat. Eating avocado actually signals the brain to tell your stomach that you are full.
- Cayenne pepper – Adding some kick to your dishes can boost your metabolism and burn calories. If you are someone that is not used to spicy food, you can burn around 60 calories which can equate to losing 4 pounds just by adding this to two meals a day!
- Apples – Because apples are filled with fiber and pectin, you tend to feel full. Apples also regulate your glucose and increase your energy level. Another great fact about apples is that they require a lot of chewing which gives your brain and stomach more time to realize you are full.
- Eggs – Recent studies have show that eating one or two eggs can you’re you feel full longer and help you consume less calories. The protein of the egg keeps you full longer than eating something with the same amount of calories.
- Water – First of all, may times our bodies mistake thirst for hunger. IF we are properly hydrated, you can cut down on some of the cravings. By drinking two glasses of water before a meal can curb your appetite and prevent over eating.
10. Sweet potatoes – Sweet potatoes are an excellent source of vitamins A and C, but what you didn’t know is that they contain a special type of starch that resists digestive enzymes making them stay in your belly longer. This will make you feel full!
11. Soup – Starting your lunch or dinner with a hot broth-based soup can curb your appetite and make your tummy feel relaxed and full. This will help you to avoid overeating or inhaling your food quickly.
12. Dark Chocolate – Enjoying a small piece of dark chocolate with at least 70% cocoa can not only be delightful, it can be the little bit that you need to curb your chocolate cravings especially due to the slight bitter taste. Also steric acid in dark chocolate slows digestion and makes you feel more full. So, a little bit goes a long way.
13. Tofu – Tofu is a plant-based protein high in isoflavones which has been known to suppress appetite. You can add tofu to soups, salads and stir-fry.
14. Wasabi – Wasabi is know for it’s kick, but did you know that this edge suppresses your appetite and is a natural anti-inflammatory? So, even though sushi portions seem small, you’ll discover that you do fill up due to the healthy fish and wasabi kick!
15. Green tea – Green tea is not only loaded with antioxidants, the act of sipping on green tea can prevent you from mindlessly snacking. Green tea has catechins, which help to inhibit the movement of glucose into fat cells. Which prevents fat storage. Yay! It also stabilizes your blood sugar which reduces food cravings.
16. Oatmeal – Yes, oatmeal is high in carbs, but the type of carbs in steel cut oatmeal is slow digesting and can keep you feeling full longer. Oatmeal suppresses the hunger hormone, ghrelin. It is also low on the glycemic index. Did this one surprise you? While high in carbs, the type of carbs in oatmeal is slow digesting and keep you feeling full for hours after breakfast.
17. Vegetable juice – Drinking veggie juice is not only a great way to load up on healthy veggies, it can also help prevent overeating if you drink it before a meal. In fact, it can actually reduce your eating by 135 calories. Just make sure to watch the sodium and choose low-sodium veggie juices if you buy it from the store.
18. Green Leafy Veggies – Eat your greens! Yes, we all know they are healthy for us and packed with great nutrition, but did you know that these beafy leafy greens will fill you up for hours. Try kale, Swiss chard or spinach either raw or sautéed in olive oil, lemon and garlic.
19. Salmon – Salmon, tuna and herring are high in omega-3 fatty acids, which allow your body to produce more of a hormone called Leptin. Leptin is known for suppressing hunger.
20. Cinnamon – Add a dusting of cinnamon on your cereal, coffee, oatmeal or fruit because it lowers your blood sugar levels and helps control your appetite.
21. Skim Milk – Studies show that women, who have a daily serving of dairy about two weeks before their period, can reduce cravings for sugar, carbs and unhealthy processed foods. Get ahold of that PMS!
22. Hot Sauce – Spicy is the name of the game. Hot sauce, salsa, Tabasco, you name it can serve as the perfect appetite suppressant while giving you instant flavor to your eggs, soup, taco, salad, etc. The more the better!
23. Flax seeds – Add ground flax seed to your smoothie, Vi-Shake, yogurt, or salad. Flax has a mix of soluble fiber and essential fatty acids to keep you regular and curb your appetite.
24. Raw veggies – Eating a handful of raw veggies prior to sitting down for a meal can kick start the process to tell your brain that it is getting nutrition and food. This will prevent you from scarfing down your dinner and going for a higher caloric second helping.
25. Whey Protein – Protein is known for suppressing appetite, but whey protein, seems to be the best. Research shows that after people have a liquid meal with whey protein, they eat fewer calories at their next meal and fewer calories compared to those who consumed casein protein. Vi-Shape includes whey protein.